I've written about the value of face time in addition to establishing and nurturing your online relationships, and last night's Chic to be Geek event was just the perfect way to do that. Organizers Blagica Stefanovski Bottigliero and Theresa Carter put together a bang-up event, with Barbara Rozgonyi speaking on ways to improve your online writing.
In truth, the best part of her talk was the Q & A, which organically became the bulk of the talk. She answered a lot of great questions about how and why to start blogging and Twittering. A few snippets of wisdom from her talk:
- Think of yourself as a content producer and a storyteller
- Question: how can a blog drive traffic to the website? Answer: though mutual linking.
- Strategizing content plans for Facebook, Twitter, blogging: decide who your audience is and what they need
- Question: how do you let people know to come to your blog? Answer: social media press release, postcards, email
- Best blogging books? Shel Holtz' Blogging for Business, anything Guy Kawasaki writes
- "You're not going tone able to predict what will be great content until you ask your readers"
- Question: How do you use Facebook for business? Answer: join a related group and ask the admin how you can help
- Question: How do you pitch your release online? Answer: Pitch Engine and the TwitPitch.
- And the best quote of the evening: